VSA Michigan promotes creative power in people with disabilities.
To create an inclusive society where people with disabilities participate in, learn through, excel in and enjoy the arts.
- We respect people and focus on their abilities, not their disabilities.
- We believe that the arts promote understanding and communication among all people.
- We believe that the arts in many forms enhance an individual’s humanity.
- We believe that the arts are more than a product; they are a process.
- Every person deserves access to appropriate learning experiences in the arts.
- All artists in schools should be appropriately prepared to include students with disabilities in their instruction.
- All children, youth and adults with disabilities should have complete access to community cultural facilities and activities.
- All individuals with disabilities who aspire to careers in the arts should have the opportunity to develop skills.